Chocolate Craving Cake
Very, very moist, rich cake. Followed recipe exactly. This is going to become a standard at our house. Perfect with a dusting of powdered sugar and a cold glass of milk. here are the BEST!!! I never made Chocolate Craving Cake before and these came out PERFECT! They're fudgy and delicious, the icing is so good too!
CHOCOLATE CRAVING CAKE
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1 large egg
1/2 cup whole milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup boiling water (I used coffee)
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8-inch glass or ceramic baking dish with parchment paper and spray sides and bottom. If using a metal baking pan, heat oven to 325.
- Mix flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in bowl of stand mixer.
- Add in egg, milk, oil, and vanilla and mix on low until incorporated. When mixed in increase speed to medium and mix for 2 minutes.
- Add in boiling water and gently stir- batter will be very thin.
- Pour batter into prepared dish. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick is removed clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pan, then continue cooling on a rack until room temperature.
- While cake is cooling, make the frosting.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, heat the chocolate chips in the microwave at 50% power in 30-second increments, stirring after each heating, until they are fully melted.
- Add the sour cream and vanilla and stir by hand until frosting is well combined and fluffier.
- Spread over cooled cake.
Read more >> Chocolate Craving Cake @ iambaker.net