CHICKEN BURGERS WITH AVOCADO CORN SALSA
This is one of my go-to dishes, especially for parties. I always receive compliments and never have left-overs! Like other reviews have suggested, I also add in a can of black beans. Quick tip: soap and water won't take the residue from the jalapenos off your hands, but olive oil will. Just rub some on your hands, then wash and dry.
I made this for an appetizer for a dinner with friends and everyone loved it. I made a few changes, though... I used a can of corn instead of fresh and added 1 can of diced tomatoes and 1 can of black bean, drained and rinsed. I left out the red bell pepper and the red pepper flakes because I didn't have them on hand. I also used a yellow onion instead of red because that's what I had. I used less (about half)cilantro because I didn't want it to be too strong. I could taste it but it wasn't overpowering. I mixed everything but the avocado together and put it in the fridge for an hour or two while I prepared the rest of the dinner. Just before serving, I added the avocado. YUM!!
Chicken Burgers with Avocado Corn Salsa
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10-20 minutes
For the Chicken Burgers
1 1/2 lb ground chicken meat (I prefer thighs)
2 scallions, chopped
1 cup shredded cheese (Cheddar, Gouda, provolone)
1/4 cup mayo
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
For the Avocado Corn Salsa
1 large avocado, sliced
1 ear of fresh corn, husks and silks removed
1/8 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 lime, juiced
- Place the chicken into a medium mixing bowl. Add shredded cheese, chopped scallions, mayo, salt and pepper and mix everything well.
- Using 1/2 cup as a measure, scoop the chicken mixture and form round shaped patties.
- Using outdoor grill or a grill pan, cook the patties about 5 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- While the burgers are grilling, prepare the Avocado Corn Salsa.
Avocado Corn Salsa
- Using a sharp knife, remove the kernels from the corn cob.
- Place the corn kernels, sliced avocado and cilantro into a medium mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Serve this Avocado Corn Salsa atop the Chicken Burgers.
READ MORE >>>>> CHICKEN BURGERS WITH AVOCADO CORN SALSA @ cooktoria.com