NO-BAKE GREEN TEA CHEESECAKES
Absolutely fabulous. I just about died when I saw this recipe. Being the matcha addict that I am, I quadrupled the amount of green tea powder. Like another reviewer, I used a hand mixer on low to avoid a rubbery texture. I also suggest refrigerating for a few hours (as long as you can keep away!) because warm cheesecake is no good. Otherwise, perfect taste, perfect texture and consistency ... the only thing I'm sad about is how much weight I'll be gaining scarfing out on this cheesecake!
Increased the amount of matcha to 3.5 tbsp and thought this was perfect (I wanted a more than subtle taste) - could really taste the green tea without it being overpowering. Regarding the "rubbery" top comment from another reviewer: I used a hand mixer at low to medium speed for all steps and fat-free cream cheese and the texture was absolutely fine. I thought the graham cracker crust worked for this recipe and the raspberries are a MUST!
No Bake Mini Green Tea CheesecakesINGREDIENTS
1 cup graham crackers, crushed (about 6 sheets)
1 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, room temperature
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp granulated sugar
3 tsp matcha powder (adjust to your preferred matcha flavor)
1 cup heavy cream, lightly whipped
green food coloring (optional)
- In a Ziploc bag, crush crackers until they are crumbs. Add sugar and mix. Pour in melted butter and mix until all crumbs are thoroughly wet.
- Line a muffin pan with liners and drop a tbsp of crumb mixture into each. Pat down until crumbs are flat and firm, forming a crust. Refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla.
- Add in granulated sugar and green tea powder and beat until smooth.
- Lightly whip the heavy cream and then fold it into the cream cheese mixture. Add food coloring if desired.
- Pour the mixture into each muffin well. The cheesecakes won’t rise so fill each well fairly full.
- Chill in the freezer for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight. Enjoy!!
Get the recipe here >>>>> NO-BAKE GREEN TEA CHEESECAKES @ goodmorningcali.com