So easy and so superb! I am a huge avocado fan and have been DYING to try this recipe out! It is absolutely heavenly. I made 2 pies. It was hard to imagine what it would taste like and it was a very nice surprise. We enjoyed the sweet and tangy taste.This pie really is amazing.
I thought it was a cool idea, but I didn't really think it would taste as good as it does. Interesting texture and taste. i was reading that avocados are excellent food to eat, omega-3's and the right kind of fat to have. Never ate an avocado before, found this recipe.oh MY GOSH!! IT IS SO GOOD.
I made two of these pies. The first was a bit to tart for my taste and not very solid but very tasty. The second I used less chocolate, covered, and let set in the refrigerator for a bit over a day. The pie was more solid and had wonderful flavor. I would suggest maybe a bit of cream cheese.
It was delicious with a grain free crust, but with that rich avocado undertone, and that's my kind of dessert. And it was definitely one of the easiest, quickest desserts I've ever made.
CHOCOLATE AVOCADO PIE WITH A GRAIN-FREE CRUST
1 3/4 cup almonds
1/2 cup walnuts
1 1/2 cup dates, pitted
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3-4 ripe avocados (3 large; 4 medium-sized)
1 cup raw cacao powder
1 cup honey
1/3 cup coconut oil
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Put almonds, walnuts, & vanilla in food processor. Blend until crumbly.
- Add dates slowly, a few at a time with the food processor blending. Blend until well-combined. The crust should be able to stick together in your hand without crumbling. If your crust feels too dry and separates too easily, add a few more dates until you get the right consistency.
- Press crust into a pie pan along bottom and edges until it’s even.
- Put in refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
- Using (clean) food processor, add avocados, salt, & vanilla and blend until creamy.
- Add cacao powder, honey, & coconut oil slowly, one at a time with food processor going.
- Blend until all is fully combined, smooth, and creamy like pudding.
- Scoop filling into the pie crust and smooth out the top.
- Let chill in refrigerator for at least an hour; up to several so it sets well. You can store the pie in the fridge for up to 1 week covered.