Chocolate Tuxedos If you are looking for ooo’s and aaaaaa’s this is a fabulous crowd pleaser. Dip each strawberry into tempered white chocolate (either completely or just the side you will be presenting face up). Allow these to dry. Next, dip both sides (on the left and right of the white chocolate) in your choice of tempered dark, bittersweet, or milk chocolate to create a “V” of white chocolate in the center. Using either a piping bag with a tiny tip or parchment piping bag, pipe a tiny bowtie at the top of the white chocolate and two or three buttons with the chocolate of your choice. Note: Tempering can be very intimidating, but you will be well rewarded for taking the extra time if you plan on eating these at room temperature (you get the full flavor of the strawberry this way). Otherwise, just melt the chocolate and keep the strawberries refrigerated until serving.
Excellent and so simple! Don't add shortening or oil or milk, don't add a thing. Other recipes I tried turned out with the chocolate too mushy. This dried on beautifully with a good crunch. Used semi-sweet and would recommend staying with bitter or semi. The sweetness of dark or milk chocolate overpowers the fruit and makes it taste bitter. That's why bitter or semi works so well. My husband and children devoured these and husband asked if I'd bought them or made them. He thought I spent ages on them. What a keeper. Simple, decadent and delicious.
CHOCOLATE DIPPED STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE
1 3/4 cup ground graham crackers
6 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
16 oz cream cheese
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 large yolk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp fine sea salt
18 strawberries, rinsed and pat dry
8 oz dark chocolate (56%), melted
- Combine ground graham crackers and melted butter. Spoon about 1 1/2 tablespoon of mixture into each mini cheesecake mold cavity. Use a tamper or cocktail muddler to pack crust into mold. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar while the machine runs on slow. Add eggs and yolk one at a time. Scrape down bowl as needed to ensure thorough mixing. Add vanilla and salt. Mix until smooth. Evenly divide cheesecake filling among molds. Smooth tops.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cheesecake will puff up slightly during baking, but will flatten once cooled. Let baked cheesecake cool to room temperature in pan. Transfer to fridge and let chill for at least 1 hour.
- Once cheesecakes are chilled throughout, remove mini cheesecake from mold by pushing up on the removable bottoms. Spoon melted chocolate over each individual cheesecake. Dip strawberries in melted chocolate and place on top of chocolate covered cheesecake. Serve immediately.