These guys are awsome, and great for x-mas gifts. To make the chocolate coating look really gourmet, melt 18 oz of semi-sweet chocolate chips or baking squares with 2 oz of paraffin wax(I use gulf wax found in canning section) and coat as specified in this recipe.
I used a whole package of double stuff mint oreos and they were awesome. My husband went crazy over them. Next I will try nutter butter cookies.
I wish I had discovered this sooner. This is SO GOOD, words can't describe. I made 24 balls half white chocolate and the other half with milk chocolate. You must put the balls in the fridge so they can harden before coating them in chocolate.
I used toothpicks and I had no problem, I just threw the ball in there and used a spoon to drizzle chocolate all over. I also made some in mini muffin paper cups, I put chocolate first and let it dry, then I put oreo mixture and more chocolate on top. They look just like reese's but instead of peanut butter its a delicious creamy oreo center.
EASY NO BAKE OREO TRUFFLES
16 oz package OREO Cookies
8 oz Cream Cheese softened
16 oz White Melting Chocolate
- Line baking sheet with wax paper.
- Finely crush Oreos in food processor.
- Reserve 1/8 cup of crushed cookies if you would like to dust finish truffles with them as a decoration.
- Mix together crushed cookies and cream cheese until well blended.
- Roll mixture into 1″ balls and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Place balls in freezer for 1 hour.
- Melt white chocolate in microwave by heating for 30 seconds and then stirring and repeating until melted and smooth.
- Dip each frozen ball in white chocolate and then return to wax paper.
- You can decorate by dusting with cookie crumbs of by melting dark chocolate or colored chocolate and drizzling over truffles.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow chocolate to set.
Read more >>> EASY NO BAKE OREO TRUFFLES @ couponsandfreebiesmom.com