Experimented with this reciepe as an early morning snack prior to a day of snow tubbing. They were a big hit with the group. I was impressed by the moistness and I love using applesauce and yogurt instead of oil.
These were really simple to make and very flavorful! I was looking for a more nutritious and filling muffin for everyone to grab a quick breakfast and these do just that. These smell great while baking.
These muffins are hearty and tasty. I used old fashioned oats instead of quick oats, and only used 2/3 cup. and 1 tsp baking powder and 1 tsp baking soda, instead of 2 tsp baking powder. I also added a little nutmeg. I will make these again!
HEALTHY OAT & BLUEBERRY BLENDER MUFFINS
2 cups / 100g rolled oats
2 large ripe bananas
2 large eggs
1 cup greek yogurt
3 tbsp honey
1½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
1 cup / 125g fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 390f / 180c. Line a muffin tray with muffin cases and spray them with a little spray oil.
- Put all the ingredients except the blueberries into a blender or food processor and blitz until all combined. Stir in half the blueberries.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin cases, filling ¾ full. Top with the remaining blueberries.
- Bake in the oven for between 15 - 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the muffin tins and allow to cool on a wire rack.