LOADED SCALLOPED POTATOES
Great easy recipe. Like many others I added some american cheese to the mix. Also, added garlic and used plain tortilla chips (crushed of course) instead of corn flakes. The white wine or sherry makes a huge difference. One last addition, I added diced bacon to the mix. All said, the base recipe is awesome and makes it easy to add and tweak to your interests!
Really good scalloped potatoes recipe! The entire family enjoyed this, there were no leftovers. I did make a couple minor modifications. I only used 3/4 of a cup of butter, because that was all I had. Instead of using cornflakes I used panko bread crumbs and I mixed parmesan and shredded mozzarella in with the breadcrumbs. Lastly, I added aprox 2 cups of chopped smoked ham steak.
Loaded Scalloped Potatoes
8 cup Golden potatoes, thinly sliced
6 Tablespoons butter
6 Tablespoons flour
3 cups half and half
1½ teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 cup sour cream
2½ cups cheddar grated cheese
2 cups cooked and crumbled bacon
⅓ cup chopped chives
- In a large pot, boil thinly sliced potatoes in salted water for 8 to 10 minutes until potatoes are tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and cook for 1 minute. Add half and half, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook until sauce comes to a low boil. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Then stir in the ½ cup cheddar cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with vegetable spray.
- Place ⅓ of the potatoes on the bottom of baking dish.
- Spoon ⅓ of the sauce over potatoes.
- Next sprinkle ⅓ of the 2 cups of the cheddar cheese over the sauce.
- Next sprinkle ⅓ of the bacon over the cheese.
- Next sprinkle ⅓ of the chives over the bacon.
- Repeat this process 2 more times.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes. Remove foil and return to the oven for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve
READ MORE >>>>> Loaded Scalloped Potatoes @ chef-in-training.com