This is a very healthy smoothie that works great for breakfast. My husband love it! Also makes for a great lunch or snack. The manggo can be either fresh or frozen. Ice or water may be added to achieve desired consistency.
Since this had no ice in it, I froze the banana, mango and avocado which gave it the smoothie texture we like. I used vanilla Greek yogurt because it's what I had on hand, and I will do that in the future. Not a smoothie that I'd make everyday simply because of the high calories and fat, but as a treat, YES. This also easily makes 2 servings (at least in this house). Nothing not to like about this, it's delicious!
GREAT tasting!!! Loved it! I will have this one again.If you add a little bit of vanilla extract, it tastes even better. Very enjoyable! I am a huge fan of smoothies, especially banana-mango! I will definetely be making this again! I drink one at least 2 a week. And now I got my neighbor hooked.so easy to make, and delicious.
MANGO BANANA AVOCADO SMOOTHIE WITH CHIA SEEDS
- 1 cup mango (from 1 small Ataulfo mango)
- 1 banana, frozen
- ½ avocado
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup milk (any kind you prefer)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- sweetener to taste (I use 1 tbsp honey)
- Blend all ingredients together in a food processor or blender until combined and smooth.
- Add more milk for thinner consistency.
- Serve immediately since avocado tends to turn brown after a while.