If you like cookie dough you will love these - basically that's what they are. I'm not sure how truffle like they are, but they are very good. I took the advice of chocolatemousse and rolled some of them in cocoa powder and liked that as well. This would also be a good recipe to use if you want to make homemade cookie truffles!
These are so awesome! I got the butter out this morning to soften and then left for a couple hours to run some errands. When I returned, the butter was almost liquid in the wrapper. Whoops! Never had *that* happen before! In the end, I made the best of it, and did the whole recipe mixing by hand which worked perfectly. I got 28 truffles from a half batch. I'm glad these are stored in the freezer as I'd be tempted to eat more than my fair share at once otherwise!
NO BAKE TIRAMISU TRUFFLES
24 ladyfingers (12 oz or 1 package Stella d'Oro)
2 tablespoons sugar
2/3 cup mascarpone cheese, room temperature*
2-3 tablespoons espresso**
2 cups (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate
2 teaspoons espresso powder (optional)
- In a food processor, blend lady fingers until you have fine crumbs. Set aside 2 tablespoons to sprinkle on the truffles later. Transfer the remaining crumbs to a bowl. Add the sugar and whisk until combined.
- Using a hand mixer (or stand mixer) add the mascarpone cheese to the bowl and mix until fully incorporated. Add the espresso one tablespoon at a time. You do not want a goopy consistency. It should be similar to a soft cookie dough. Transfer the mixture to a tupperware container and place in the fridge for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper. Remove the mixture from the fridge (it should be firmer now). Start to shape the mixture into 36 (1-inch) balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate ( see tips here ) and stir in the espresso powder. Dip a cold tiramisu truffle into the melted chocolate and transfer it back to the baking sheet. (I use these dipping tools) Sprinkle the truffle with the crushed lady fingers you set aside earlier. Repeat for the remaining truffles.
- Place the baking sheet in the fridge for a 5 to 10 minutes for the chocolate to harden. Store tiramisu truffles in an airtight container in the fridge.
Read more >>> NO BAKE TIRAMISU TRUFFLES @ ifyougiveablondeakitchen.com