I made this for my family's Memorial Day cook-out. I used graham cracker crusts and even used the mini-crusts for the grand children to have their own pie. These were a great hit as always! This is the first time I used a different crust and my family raved about these pies and asked me to keep making them with the graham cracker crust. I also used fresh berries. This is an easy, refreshing summer treat when strawberries are plentiful. I have never tried it with the frozen berries, but this is a 5+ with fresh berries!
I found a strawberry pie recipe once that instructed me to mix chopped strawberries with cornstarch and boil to create a glaze -- what a horrid mess it made! I ended up dumping it all down the drain. I use Marie's strawberry glaze and use my own real whipped cream as it tastes so much better than Cool Whip. Using small-medium sized berries makes for a better presentation -- turning them pointed side up.
Quick & Easy Strawberry Pie Recipe
1 package Strawberry Jell-O
2/3 cup Boiling Water
4 Ice Cubes
8 oz Cool Whip
1 cup sliced Strawberries
1 cup diced Strawberries
1 Graham Cracker Crust
- Mix Jell-O and boiling water in a medium bowl. Stir until Jell-O is dissolved.
- Add ice and stir until Jell-O cools and begins to thicken.
- Whisk in Cool Whip to incorporate and then add diced strawberries.
- Spoon mixture into crust and refrigerate for at least several hours.
- Top with whipped cream (optional) and sliced strawberries before serving.
Read more >>> Quick & Easy Strawberry Pie Recipe @ cincyshopper.com