These were amazing! So, so tasty. Definitely for the peanut butter lover. I was eating the mixture while making them. I used baking paper for ease of removal and cutting, but they will definitely cut cleaner if they are chilled enough, but without the chocolate being too hard.
Made these with my many batches of Christmas cookies. The recipe looked so easy, and yes it was! We are huge Reese's junkies and they tasted just like them! Everyone really enjoyed them and will definitely make again.
This is by far the best bars I've ever had/made! They actually do taste just like a Reese's cup! The recipe is easy to follow and it's quick and simple. This will be an office party dessert favor.
I used layer of cheesecake and 3 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, but it's still a delicious treat regardless. I'll be packing one of these in my daughter's lunch box as a treat. Hubby eaten 3 so far, but I'm sure he'll be share to his friend because he always share to everyone. We love it! I'll make this when christmas come and my family will loved it.
REESE'S CHEESECAKE BARS
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
20 Golden Oreo Cookies
16 ounces (2 packages) cream cheese, softened
1 large egg
¼ cup white granulated sugar
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
20 Mini Reese's Cups, chopped into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper or aluminum foil, light grease. Set aside.
- Crust - Pulse the Oreo cookies in a food processor into fine crumbs. Add into a medium mixing bowl.
- Pour the melted butter into the mixing bowl with the crushed Oreos. Mix together.
- Pour the crust into the baking dish, using a large spatula spread out the crust. Make sure it is even all around.
- Filling - In a large mixing bowl, cream the cream cheese and egg and mix for 3-5 minutes until it is creamy.
- Add in the white granulated sugar and vanilla extract.
- Fold in the chopped Reese's Cups.
- Spoon the cheesecake mixture on top of the crust.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the cheesecake has set-up and the edges are lightly browned.
- Allow for the bars to cool for 30 minutes at room temperature and then chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours. Overnight is best.
- Lift the foil of out the pan and cut into squares.
Read more >>> REESE'S CHEESECAKE BARS @ galonamission.com