BEST FUDGY COCOA BROWNIES
The only thing better than the taste is the fact that they are FAT FREE! They're a snap to make and the results are fantastic. I'm a health nut, always on a quest to create healthier treats, and these brownies taste as good, if not better, than the 'real thing.' Serve warm with fat-free frozen yogurt or top with fat-free whipped topping for a scrumptious chocolate dessert.
The brownie part never baked, after leaving in an extra 5 minutes. Next time I will spray the pan, and line it. The topping seem to run under the parchment paper. I use it as a pudding cake; cut the top into squares and spoon the liquid batter over the top.
Really wanting something sweet that I could eat with no eggs I gave it a try. My husband and I liked it very much. What I did different was doubled the recipe. And then yes it was soupy until I turned it over onto a cookie sheet then the bottom because a great topping for the brownies. Knowing this now I will make them again. I think that part was left off the original recipe
BEST FUDGY COCOA BROWNIES
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil (olive oil or coconut oil are fine)
- 1⅛ cup superfine sugar (caster sugar)*
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup all purpose
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 175°C | 350°F.
- Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking oil spray. Line with parchment paper (or baking paper); set aside.
- Combine melted butter, oil and sugar together in a mediumn-sized bowl. Whisk well for about a minute. Add the eggs and vanilla; beat until lighter in colour (another minute).
- Add flour, cocoa powder and salt, gently stirring the dry ingredients through the wet, until JUST combined (do NOT over beat as doing so well affect the texture of your brownies).
- Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing the top out evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the centre of the brownies in the pan no longer jiggles and is just set to the touch (the brownies will keep baking in the hot pan out of the oven). If testing with a toothpick, the toothpick should come out dirty for fudge-textured brownies.
- Remove and allow to cool to room temperature before slicing into 16 brownies.
*Regular white, granulated, sugar can be used if you can't find caster sugar
TIPS AND TRICKS:
- Whisk your butter and sugar really well.
- Beat in your eggs for a good minute. This step is crucial for that crackly top
- Do NOT over beat your batter once the flour and cocoa powder are added. THAT creates air pockets in the batter which will give you cake-like textured brownies.
- Do NOT over bake them! I like mine at exactly 25 minutes. You can go a little bit over if you like them set a bit more, but I don't recommend it if you're looking for the fudgiest brownies in this lifetime.
READ MORE >>> BEST FUDGY COCOA BROWNIES @ cafedelites.com