I used Smuckers caramel and fudge on top; and for the pecans I coated them with the same caramel and put them in the oven for 10 min, and put that on top.
All my topping were on top and. For the crust i used chocolate graham crackers and smashed them with a bean smasher. *the key was to not over mix the batter!
Great recipe! Made for my daughters 3 years old and she went nutty over it...either it was the craving or it was really good. I used caramel sauce so didn't need the evap milk obviously as then you don't need to make the caramel sauce. Worked great. Acutally it was Dulce Delecce sauce.
Caramel Turtle Cheesecake
3 packages full fat cream cheese, 8 oz each
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup International Delight Caramel Macchiato Creamer
1 & 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
5 tbsp butter, melted
1/4 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1 cup sugar
1 stick butter
1/3 cup heavy cream
PECANS, TO TOP THE CHEESECAKE
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Pulse graham crackers or similar crackers/cookies in a blender or food processor until they are very fine. Measure out 1 & 1/2 cups of crumbs. Combine the crumbs and melted butter in a small bowl and mix well until incorporated.
- Before adding the crumbs to the pan, wrap the bottom and sides of the pan in 2 layers of aluminum foil. This will help keep the water out during the water bath.
- Add the crumbs to the 8 inch pan, distribute them evenly, using a cup or the bottom of something flat to press the crumbs into the pan. If desired, you can have the crumbs go up the sides of the pan a bit.
- Place the pan in the oven, bake the crust for 8-10 minutes or until golden.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and allow it to cool to room temperature before adding the cheesecake mixture.
- Turn the oven down to 325º F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the 3 packages of cream cheese until smooth, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the sugar and vanilla, beat again.
- Add in the International Delight creamer, beat again to combine.
- Add in the eggs, ONE at a time, beating after each one.
- Beat the mixture for 1 additional minute.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture on top of the crust. Make sure the crust and pan have cooled before doing so.
- Place the 8 inch pan inside a 9x13 inch cake pan. Carefully fill the 9x13 inch pan with water, filling it about 1 inch below the top of the tin foil on the 8 inch pan.
- I like to place the cake pan on top of a large baking sheet, this makes moving the water bath easier.
- Place the water bath with cheesecake inside in the oven and bake at 325º F for 60 minutes.
- The cheesecake is done with the center wobbles a little when you giggle the pan. The edges of the cheesecake should look firmer than the center.
- Once your cheesecake looks done, turn the oven off and open the oven door a little. Allow the cheesecake to cool to room temperature inside the oven before removing.
- Once cooled, remove the cheesecake from the oven. Take the aluminum foil off carefully and place the cheesecake (still in the pan) in the fridge for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, carefully unmold the pan from the cheesecake. Allow the pan to do most of the work, some of the cheesecake may stick to the pan, but the cheesecake should naturally separate from the pan.
TO MAKE THE CARAMEL SAUCE
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar and butter, stirring constantly until the mixture begins to bubble. Continue cooking and stirring for 1 minute then remove the pan from the heat and slowly add in the heavy cream, stirring until it’s smooth. Allow the caramel to cool while you make the chocolate.
TO MAKE THE CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- Place the chocolate chips in a heat proof bowl.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the heavy cream to a boil. Once boiling, pour the heavy cream over the chocolate chips. Allow the mixture to sit for 1-2 minutes, melting the chocolate chips, then stir well to mix. Allow the chocolate to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Pour the chocolate ganache on top of the cheesecake, using a spatula to spread it around. I also spread the ganache on the sides of the cheesecake.
- Add pecans (whole and broken) on top of the ganache.
- Once the caramel is cooled, drizzle it generously over the cheesecake.
- Enjoy the best turtle cheesecake ever!
- Cover and refrigerator any leftovers.
Read more >>> Caramel Turtle Cheesecake @ thefirstyearblog.com