This is a pretty good recipe, but as other reviewers have said it definitely needs spices in the chicken mixture! I chopped 1 chicken breast and two slices of ham in the food processor, added garlic powder, salt and pepper. But will add more spices (maybe some cajun or chili powder) next time. Also I think the swiss cheese and the deep-pan frying makes it too greasy, so I'll fry it in a little butter/use the oven method and use some other cheese next time. Loved the idea though,great base!
I used ground turkey instead of chicken and skipped pan frying all together. Instead I brushed them with olive oil and baked them at 325 for 35mins. A great dip on the side is sour cream with a bit of dijon mustard mixed in.
They are great as appetizers or as a fun food for kids. I love to make them with bread crumbs seasoned with Parmesan cheese. These were a hit at my house! They were very easy to make and tasted even better the next day. An excellent recipe! I loved it so much that I adapted it into a meal by making larger meatballs and serving them over bow-tie pasta with a garlic-Parmesan cream sauce.
CHICKEN CORDON BLEU BITES
2 Boneless chicken breasts
1 cup flour
2 tsp Slap Your Mama seasoning
1 tsp garlic salt
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 cup Panko bread crumbs, might need more
½ - ¾ cup vegetable oil
4 slices cooked ham, cut into approximately 1 inch squares
4 slices Swiss cheese, cut into approximately 1 inch squares
Dipping sauce, optional
⅔ cup Just Mayo
1 Tbs mustard
- Heat oil over low/medium heat.
- Add flour, seasoning, garlic salt to a quart size baggie.
- Cut chicken breasts into bite size pieces.
- Dip each chicken piece into milk to coat, then add to flour mixture.
- Shake chicken until well coated.
- Remove each piece and dip in milk again.
- Add to Panko® bread crumbs.
- Gently shake chicken pieces to coat.
- Add coated chicken bites to hot oil.
- Cook approximately 7-9 minutes on each side, or until cooked completely and temperature reaches 170°.
- Drain oil from pan. Arrange chicken bites back in pan.
- Add a slice of Swiss cheese, then two pieces of ham, then top with another slice of cheese, to each chicken bite.
- Cover and let cheese melt.
- You might need to place in microwave, on a microwave safe plate, for 35-40 seconds to melt cheese.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together mayonnaise and mustard.
READ MORE >>> CHICKEN CORDON BLEU BITES @ greatgrubdelicioustreats.com