These truffles are very easy and delicious. You can't go wrong with OREO, cream cheese and chocolate. A few hints for those unsure... 1. Refrigerate the oreo 'dough' for 1 hour before making them into balls. It will make the rolling so much easier! 2. I stacked my balls on a paper plate, and then froze them for about 15-20 minutes. I found that freezing the balls before putting them in scorching hot chocolate made them much easier to handle. 3. Follow the directions on the Bakers chocolate box. Microwave for 30 seconds on high, then stir, then another 30 seconds plus 10 seconds for each additional square of chocolate you heat up.
Drizzled these with white chocolate. simply awesome and irresistable - extremely rich but soo delicious! I have actually been offered money to make these! for a helpful hint - i used my crockpot to melt the chocolate - set on warm. checking on and stirring every so often. it took a few hours to completely melt - start it in the morning when you grab your cup of joe/or the night before. it kept all day until i was able to get to it. :)
People think I spent tons of time making these but they were so easy and absolutely fantastic. I did have wonderful luck using the slotted spoon trick that other reviewers have used. Much easier than trying to dip each with skewers or two spoons. Using vanilla oreos and strawberry cream cheese is also a huge hit.
EASY OREO TRUFFLES
- 30 Oreo cookies
- 4 oz cream cheese, cold
- 6 oz dark chocolate melting wafers
- 3 Oreo cookies (without the filling), crushed for garnish
- Line two baking sheets with parchment or wax paper and set aside. One will be for the rolled truffles before dipping, and the second will be for the truffles after they are dipped in chocolate.
- In a food processor, pulse Oreos into a fine crumb. Add cream cheese and pulse a few times until it comes together in a large ball. Roll truffle mixture into balls and place on one of the prepared baking sheets. Place baking sheet in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes until firm. At this point you can also crush 3 extra cookies with the filling removed to sprinkle on top after the truffles are dipped.
- In a small saucepan, add melting wafers and melt on low heat. Once melted, turn off heat and leave the pot on the burner while you dip the truffles. Remove the baking sheet from the refrigerator and start dipping your truffles into the chocolate. Carefully place them 1" apart on the second prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle crushed Oreo cookies on top, if desired. Repeat process until all truffles are coated in chocolate and allow to set up on the counter for 15-20 minutes. If you are serving them the same day, you can leave them at room temperature. If they are being made ahead, store in the refrigerator until ready to use. Be sure to take them out 30 minutes ahead of time so the truffles will soften up.
- Easy Oreo Truffles will stay fresh for up to one week stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
READ MORE >>> EASY OREO TRUFFLES @ chocolatechocolateandmore.com