I wanted to save time on preparing somethings so I chose this recipe...NOBODY knew they were instant mashed potatoes and I didn't mention it until dinner was finished...I did make a couple of changes though, instead of cream cheese I used sour cream and I didn't have any soup mix so I just omitted this step...they were still delicious! A Keeper!!
Awesome new way to make mashed potatoes!! Just be sure that the baking dish is well greased as it tends to stick but overall very tasty! Next time, I'm going to double the recipe so we all get our fill!
MASHED POTATO CASSEROLE
3 pounds russet potatoes
7 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup panko
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons chopped chives
5 strips bacon cooked
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Order Ingredients Powered by Chicory
- Peel and chop the potatoes. Add to a large pot. Cover with water and heat over high heat, boil the potatoes in the water about 20 minutes or until softened.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain the potatoes and add to a large mixing bowl. Add the butter, sour cream, milk, garlic powder, and salt. Mix with a potato masher or for creamier potatoes use a hand or stand mixer.
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese and stir to combine.
- Spray a 2 quart baking dish with cooking spray. Spoon the potato mixture into the dish. Smooth the top with the back of a spoon.
- In a small saucepan add the tablespoon of butter and the panko bread crumbs. Cook over medium heat until just toasted. Sprinkle on top of the potatoes.
- Top with shredded cheese and bake uncovered for about 15 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Top with bacon and chives. Serve warm and enjooooyy..
Read more >>> MASHED POTATO CASSEROLE @ houseofyumm.com