PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE LASAGNA
If u love peanut butter cups, u will love this lasagna! I followed other reviewer's suggestions on decreasing the conf. sugar and the milk for the pudding. I made only one lasagna and did the following: 3/4 c peanut butter, 1/2 cup of butter, 2 c conf sugar, and 1 1/2 c. of milk (wanted pudding to set thicker) and a store bought oreo crust.
I also added 2 tablespoons of the peanut butter mixture to the pudding YUM! I decorated the lasagna w the peanut butter crumble as per a suggestion: a t of peanut butter and conf sugar. I love this lasagna and I'm making it again right now!
This lasagna is a family favorite and is requested at many gatherings. My family LOVES chocolate and peanut butter, but they also love oreos. So, I found a way to combine them all with this recipe! I use two instant chocolate pudding and top the lasagna with mini oreos surrounding the edge and crushed oreos sprinkled over the middle. It looks and tastes fantastic!!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Lasagna
36 Oreo Cookies
⅓ cup butter, melted
Peanut Butter Layer
8 oz cream cheese (I use light), softened
1 cup smooth peanut butter
1 cup powdered sugar
¼ cup milk
1½ cups whipped topping such as Cool Whip
2 boxes of instant chocolate pudding (4 servings size)
3 cups milk
Remaining Cool whip
1 bag of Reese's Mini Peanut Butter Cups
Chocolate Syrup (optional)
- In a food processor or a ziplock bag, finely crush oreo cookies. Stir in melted butter. Press into a 9" x13" pan or glass dish. Place in the freezer while preparing the next layer.
- Peanut Butter Layer
- With mixer on medium, cream cream cheese, milk & peanut butter until fluffy. Slowly add in powdered sugar. Gently fold in whipped topping.
- Spread the peanut butter layer on the Oreo crust. Place in the freezer while preparing the next layer.
- In a bowl, mix together both boxes of pudding mix and milk. (Note: This will be less milk than called for on the box. You want this layer a little bit thicker than pudding.)
- Spread the pudding onto the peanut butter layer. Place in the fridge and allow to set for about 5 minutes.
- Top with remaining cool whip, chopped Reese's Mini Pieces and chocolate sauce if desired. Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
Read more >>> PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE LASAGNA @ spendwithpennies.com