This appetizer has a lot of ingredients, but it's easy to make and is a meat lover's dream come true! Italian meats and spices are baked together inside a loaf of bread, then cut into bit-sized pieces.
The bread dough on this made it more crust than anything. The taste was pretty good, just not a big mustard fan and it was kind of strong for me.This is a great, easy recipe. It's great to keep around the house so everybody can grab an easy snack!
These were so good. You can substitude the meats for whatever you have but what made the dish was the mustard so don't leave that out.I have several variations of the stromboli recipes from this site. For time purposes, I let my dough thaw on the counter wrapped in saran wrap sprayed with pam. I do NOT use the cooked ground sausage in this, it makes it way to greasy. For easy clean-up of the flour I wet the counter with a damp cloth and lay 2 pieces of saran wrap onto it. Add a small amount of flour on plastic and roll dough. Then just pull up the plastic with no flour mess on the counter! For a quicker baking time I cook at a higher temperature, 375 for 15-18 minutes.
SUPER EASY STROMBOLI
1 refrigerated pizza dough (or your favorite)
1/2 cup pizza sauce
8 slices salami
10 slices pepperoni
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
3 Tbsp zesty Italian dressing
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Unroll pizza dough and spread pizza sauce, leaving about 2 inches across the length without sauce.
- Spread mozzarella cheese, salami & pepperoni over the top of the sauce.
- Start rolling lengthwise from the end with the toppings.
- Lay, seam side down, on baking sheet.
- Brush with Italian dressing and cut slits across the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and ENJOY!
READ MORE >>> SUPER EASY STROMBOLI @ acadianasthriftymom.com