TURTLE BROWNIE CHEESECAKE
Delicious! I brought this cheesecake into work and I got TONS of compliments. For the single guys out there, making this cheesecake is a sure way to impress. It's amazing how many people become your friend after tasting this cake. Definitely use a springform pan for best results. I used a nut chopper to crumble the Vanilla Wafers. EXCELLENT RECIPE!
If you find a cheesecake that tastes better than this, let me know. I'll call Guiness! I noticed that, when reading other reviews, there were some comments about the amount of caramel.
I think if you let the crumb, pecan and caramel layer cool for a half and hour in the refrigerator before adding the chocolate cheesecake batter, you will have much better results.
TURTLE BROWNIE CHEESECAKE
3/4 cup (168g) unsalted butter, melted
1 cup (207g) sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs, room temperature
3/4 cup (98g) all purpose flour
6 tbsp (43g) natural unsweetened cocoa
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp gelatin, optional
2 tbsp (30ml) cold water, optional
20 oz (565g) cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup (104g) sugar
1/2 cup (82g) brown sugar, unpacked
3/4 cup (180ml) caramel sauce, room temperature
1 cup (240ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
1/2 cup (58g) powdered sugar
1/2 cup (120ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
2 tbsp (14g) powdered sugar
2 tbsp (14g) natural unsweetened cocoa
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Line a 9-inch (23cm) springform pan with parchment paper in the bottom and grease the sides. NOTE: If your springform pan leaks, use a 9-inch cake pan so the brownie batter won’t leak out while baking.
- To make the brownie, combine the melted butter, sugar and vanilla extract in a medium sized bowl.
- Add the eggs and mix until well combined.
- In a separate medium sized bowl combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Slowly add dry ingredients to the egg mixture and mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake for 22-26 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs.
- Allow brownie to sit for 3-5 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Once the brownie is cool, make the cheesecake. If using the gelatin, sprinkle the powdered gelatin over the cold water in a small bowl. Allow to sit for about 5 minutes, the heat in the microwave until warm and dissolved. Set aside to cool slightly. If not using gelatin, move to next step.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and brown sugar until smooth.
- If using gelatin, add it to the cream cheese mixture and mix until smooth.
- Add the caramel sauce to the cream cheese mixture and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Place the brownie back into the 9 inch springform pan. Line the sides of the pan with parchment paper that sticks about an inch above the sides of the pan to account for possible overflow.
- Top the brownie with the cheesecake mixture and spread into an even layer, then refrigerate until firm, about 5-6 hours.
- Once firm, remove the cheesecake from the springform pan.
- To make the whipped cream for the top, whip the heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and cocoa powder until stiff peaks form. Pip swirls around the edge of the cheesecake and top with pecans.
- Finish cheesecake off with some chopped pecans and chocolate and caramel sauce. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Read more >>> TURTLE BROWNIE CHEESECAKE @ lifeloveandsugar.com